The Circle In The Grey

all the rediculous melodrama of an opera, but this is no stage. this is real.

December 22, 2005

Traces

like music
holding all glory once bodies are lost in the resonance
it never needed a beginning or end
only a time to capture, and all else is starved

i said try me
and you said we've been past that
since this all started
and so i took your hand
and traced it and wanted to fit mine in it
and then you showed me they were my fingers all along

have we blended that completely

there's something that is not entirely right
i always knew there was something unsettled
even though it was always kept so still and so neat
and i was so careful that it would never be disturbed

i still reach for something that is only you
your palm and nothing else with it
needing it to be more than at any other time

there's something that has become a little too fake
about this sleeping emaciation
something a little too warm about hands held in a fire

3 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger ty said...

I'll be honest with you, I often don't fully understand your poetry. but it does make me think, and this poem makes me think of the amazing feeling, the excitement a person can experiance in holding someone elses hand. I remember one night when I was experiencing some pretty strong pain, a Jars of Clay song came on the radio called Fly. It says, "Be still, let your hand melt into mine, the part of me that breathes when you breathe is losing time, I'll fly with you through the night so you know I'm not letting go. I'm not letting go. My tears like rain fill up the sky, oh my love, i'm not letting go, I won't let you go..." I used to think that this song was just some love song between a man and a woman, but at this time it was God singing to me. What a hand to hold! what a hand to reach for.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Steph, you never cease to amaze me. Way to be!
-Matt (N)

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home